Norway has some fine cheeses. When you pair them with great Norwegian craft beer, magic is bound to happen! Join us for some Norwegian food and beer history!
Fact: The world’s best cheese in 2018 was a Norwegian gouda. In 2016 it was a Norwegian blue cheese. And, the runner up in 2018 was a brown goat cheese from Norway.
Surprised? Don’t be.
Fact: Norway has a history of great chefs. Since 1987 the Norwegian Bocuse d’Or team have won five gold, three silver and three bronze medals in Bocuse d’Or world final (numbers of 2019), more than any other nation.
This has been a great impetus for numerous small scale cheese factories all over Norway. Since their milk is among the world’s finest, their goal has been to make world class cheese.
Although we can’t promise any of the world champions in our tasting, we promise to search for the finest available – to combine with some great Norwegian craft beer.
Norwegian craft beer is considered to be on a very high level. Famous breweries like Nøgne Ø, Haandbryggeriet and Austmann – have been a great inspiration for the about 150 registered breweries all over the country.
So why don’t you bring your group into the world of Norwegian food and beer history?
- Group size: 10-50
- Season: All year
- Price: NOK 795,- per person
- The Beer Cellar is not wheelchair accessible
- An Ølakademiet Beer guide
- Samples of Norwegian cheese paired with Norwegian craft beer
The following conditions apply
- Age limit minimum 18 year
- Minimum group size 10
- Final number to be reported no later than 10 days prior to event
- Cancellations later than 10 days prior to event are charged 50% fee
- Cancellations later than 48 hours prior to event are charged 100% fee